Today is a big day in Athens, Georgia. Of course, we have your #1 Georgia Bulldogs continuing to tune up for conference play as they take on the Ball State Cardinals. But today is also my youngest child’s birthday. Sam will be 12 today and he loves watching Georgia football. The rest of it he could take or leave, but he’ll grow into it. Sam is one of the most creative, kind, and empathetic kids I know... and I spend 8 hours a day teaching a hundred kids exactly his age. In fact, he’s one of them this year. So this isn’t just a dad thinking his kid is great. He and my eldest are two of my favorite human beings on the planet. I routinely think to myself just how proud I am of both of them. And among the things that make me proud is that when I asked Sam what he wanted to do on his birthday, he said he wanted to watch the Georgia game and he wanted me to make him ribs. I’ve done a lot wrong in my life, but I guess I did a couple of things right.
So now that y’all know how I’ll be spending my early, early morning hours... let’s get this party started:
And now your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Just like last week, the folks over at Dawgs Daily have some score predictions for today’s game.
- Online Athens has five things you should look out for.
- The Red & Black brings us a short profile of Jamon Dumas-Johnson that I quite enjoyed.
- We also have an updated injury report leading up to kickoff.
- If y’all know anything about this Saturday morning post, it’s that I’ll always bring you that good, good game trailer (for those that haven’t seen it anyway). Here you go:
“Elite don’t get bored!”
I humbly request that someone takes inspiration from that and makes a t-shirt I can buy right this second.
As always, this space will also serve as your Open Comment Thread leading up to game time. Let us know how you plan to spend the hours leading up to kickoff and what you think we might see in any of the day’s other big games. Macondawg will be along shortly with your game threads.