It’s another early Saturday morning here just outside Athens, Georgia. But today, for the first time this season, all of the action will be taking place in the Classic City. As of now it looks like were going to be dealing with some inclement weather on and off, but with a little luck it might move past by kickoff.
Yesterday was my youngest son’s 11th birthday, so that means he got to pick today’s menu. And that means I’m up to my elbows in chicken wings. The cutting and seasoning is done... now they’re just waiting to be fried and sauced. Not quite sure what to do in the meantime. I can tell you one thing I’m not gonna do: I have zero intention of listening to the College Gameday crew spend 3 hours pretending like the Alabama/Texas game is the matchup of the century. It’s gonna be a bloodbath.
But once noon rolls around, I know for sure where I’ll be and what I’ll be doing. I’m sure you do as well.
Let’s get this gameday started!
And now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First up, we have a video interview with Samford coach Chris Hatcher. Most folks know that this is a reunion for Hatcher, Kirby Smart, and Will Muschamp, but there are a couple of choice sound bites from Hatcher and Kirby in there that I think are pretty cool. These men obviously have a great deal of respect and admiration for one another.
- Next up, we have today’s captains... and it’s certainly good to see the love continuing to be spread around.
- I don’t know that anyone needs a “hype” trailer for an FCS opponent. But, by God, you’re getting one anyway. And I dig the Christopher Smith narration.
| Game Two@cpsmithdb | #GoDawgs pic.twitter.com/w319onewCW— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) September 9, 2022
- I thought this was a pretty interesting article about the sportsbooks and spread on today’s game... and I figured it mostly flew under the radar for those of us who don’t partake in sports betting.
- The Red & Black brings us five numbers to know/players to watch for this afternoon’s contest.
- Finally, everyone knows by now that I love a player profile. And this week, Dawgs 247 has a solid piece on Ladd McConkey. I’m telling y’all, I need to figure out who to talk to about setting up a NIL deal with Ladd and having “You Just Got McConkey’d!!!” shirts made. This is the kind of opportunity NIL was made for!
As always, this space will also serve as your Early Open Comment Thread. Let us know your gameday plans and your thoughts on today’s games (including the contest between Samford and your #2 Georgia Bulldogs). MaconDawg will be along before kickoff with your 1st Quarter Comment Thread.