The sun is rising just outside of Athens, Georgia and it’s time for another glorious Saturday “Between the Hedges.” West Opelika Polytechnic are headed to town today and I can only hope they’re able to maintain the fine traditions of the
Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry. You know, traditions like this one:
As we’ve come to expect recently, the Tiglesmen are piled into a garbage truck on fire as it careens headfirst at 90 mph toward a steel-reinforced cinder block wall. And at the wheel piloting them (for the moment) is Bryan Harsin. I admire Coach Harsin, I really do. It takes a lot of courage (and/or hubris) to go somewhere you aren’t wanted, fail spectacularly somewhere you aren’t wanted, and continue to stick around somewhere you aren’t wanted.
So as we lead up to this afternoon’s game, we salute you, Coach Harsin:
And now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites heading into Auburn’s clash with your #2 Georgia Bulldogs:
- It’s always nice to know what the rivals think about a game before it kicks off. Fan Nation at Sports Illustrated lets us know what some of the Tiger faithful are thinking.
- As usual, we have a hype trailer for today’s game from UGA’s fantastic video team:
. . | Game Six#GoDawgs pic.twitter.com/0mQFgYVUy0— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) October 7, 2022
- AL.com has some numbers to watch as the Tigers take on the Bulldogs and across the SEC.
- Of course, we know you’ll need access to the most up-to-date injury report.
- If you’re the betting sort, here’s the last minute lines so you can get those wagers in under the line.
- In NFL Dawgs news, former Bulldog Andrew Thomas is the highest graded player in the league through the first 4 games of the season.
As always, this space will also serve as your Early Open Comment Thread. Let us know your thoughts on today’s game, any shenanigans you plan to get up to leading up to kickoff, and what other games you plan to take in on this beautiful October Saturday. MaconDawg will be along shortly with your game threads.
P.S. If you simply must spit on an Auburn fan, please make sure it’s someone who will go on the internet for the next decade and tell every comment thread that will listen about that one time he really actually got spit on by a Georgia fan like it totally for real happened and was not just some weird coping mechanism he developed to make himself feel better.