It’s been a little bit since we’ve had a noon kickoff to contend with around here. And it kinda jacks my plans up since I’m now preparing lunch for everyone instead of dinner or a mid-afternoon graze-a-thon. Given my preferred method of food preparation, that means by the time you read this, I’ve already been up and going for quite sometime. Hopefully I hit the hay early enough last night to be rested and ready for the relentless attack of Vanderbilt. This early game nonsense does have one thing going for it... enjoying a frosty beverage as the sun comes up does give me that nostalgic feeling for when I used to be in charge of claiming the tailgate spot during my college days.
And now for a few Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First up, let’s check in with the contingent from Dawg Nation that has made the trip to Nashville.
- I’ll confess to having been completely checked out of the Arch Manning recruit-a-palooza that has apparently been going on (and I don’t see that changing). I’m glad he and his parents seemed to be enjoying themselves at Sanford Stadium last weekend, but this take still strikes me as wildly optimistic.
- If you’re wondering who you will and won’t see on the field today, we have the final injury report.
- Take a look at a Bulldog getting it done both on and off the field: Nakobe Dean has been named to the 2021 Allstate AFCA Good Works Team.
- On the recruiting trail, the Dawgs picked up another early commitment for what promises to be yet another top class in 2023.
- Finally, off the gridiron, the Georgia men’s tennis team got off to a great start against some pretty serious competition at the Dan Magill Tennis Complex.
As I’m sure you already know by now, this space will also serve as your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Those of you who are awake should let us know how productive you’re being before today’s game. Also let us know what you think of the Dawgs/Commodores and the day’s other games. Macondawg will be along sometime during the 11 o’clock hour with your first game thread.