You made it through to backside of the work-week. Just one more up-and-at ‘em early alarm clock sessions and you’re there.
We owe South Carolina some payback. Sure, plucking them last year in Columbia was nice, but we must atone at home for what went down in 2019 with a good butt-whoopin’. They also defiled our hedges a couple of years ago and as a lover of horticulture, that just won’t do.
Kirby said he felt his team wasn’t ready to play ball that day and he was absolutely correct. I don’t think that’ll be an issue this weekend, but still you’ve got to lace ‘em up and execute.
Pretty good Southern sound for a band from L.A.
So, on to some tiddly bits and newsy notes...
- Who will start at quarterback for the Gamecocks? Will it be Oconee County’s own Zeb Noland, or Luke Doty who continues to rehab from a “mid foot” injury and could be game-ready?
- Our SBNation sister site feels Noland will get the start, but Doty will play. I have no idea how game-ready Doty is, but if he’s still the least bit hobbled I wouldn’t expect to see him play at all.
- So, does Kirby think J.T. will be ready come game time? It’ll be a game time decision, probably.
The biggest question is, how does he practice? It’s not about whether he plays; it’s about if he’s healthy, is he healthy enough to go out there and be 100 percent in practice, so he has an opportunity to be as effective as he can. That’s a big rehab question.
I think he’s feeling much better, but it’s about whether he’s 100 percent throwing the ball down the field and moving in the pocket. That’s the key ingredient there.
- Head Coach Kirby Smart.
- Georgia’s new state-of-the-art weight room is...stately. Thanks, Jeremy Pruitt!
Ever wonder what the inside of the new @GeorgiaFootball facility looks like?— Georgia Bulldogs (@UGAAthletics) September 14, 2021
Join @Brooks_UGA on a tour. pic.twitter.com/tSI4fsn2C8
- What does Georgia have in Brock Bowers? A fast rising star with ball skills, speed and blocking ability. I’m still grinning from ear to ear as I replay the wheel-route 89-yard touchdown. And so are you.
- What will Kirby Smart and Todd Monken do when Darnell Washington returns? Party, probably.
- Jamaree Salyer has a few more opinions about Bowers and getting the running game on-track and thoughts on splitting time between tackle and guard. He’s a good interview.
Pace yourselves, everyone. We still gotta get through the rest of today and tomorrow.
As Always, GO DAWGS!