We pause the weekly SEC roundup to exclaim THE ATLANTA BRAVES ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming. The first CFP rankings were released last night, and as expected, the Georgia Bulldogs were ranked #1.
With four more regular season games left on the schedule, let’s take a look around to see what’s happening with the other 13 SEC teams (plus one bonus mention on a future SEC team).
- After getting demolished by Georgia, the Florida Gators are reeling. This Athletic article ($$) is quite a damning report on the state of their program.
- Tennessee quarterback Harrison Bailey has entered the transfer portal. A former top recruit out of Marietta High School, Bailey has a lot of talent he will soon show off at another school.
- LSU quarterback Myles Brennan has also entered the transfer portal. Brennan opened the season as the Tigers’ starter before sustaining an injury. In fact, Brennan received pre-season Heisman buzz the past two years
- UGA’s next opponent, Missouri, is dealing with some uncertainty at the quarterback position. Connor Bazelak may not be able to suit up this weekend due to an injury, which means true freshman Tyler Macon would be the likely starter for the Tigers.
- Though Texas isn’t yet officially a member of the SEC, this story is too good to leave out. In case you hadn’t heard, there is an incredible story coming out of Austin that involves an assistant coach, a stripper named Pole Assassin, and a pet monkey biting a child. Please, if you haven’t already, read about this story.
The curse is broken. GO DAWGS!!!