After a deluge of rainy days, the clouds have parted and it’s a beautiful day in the Classic City and across the Southeast. And that’s a good thing because our #2 Georgia Bulldogs will be facing off with the #18 Auburn Tigers this afternoon just outside Opelika. The Dawgs are favored (and with good reason) but those of us choosing to Munson would argue that (despite all previous evidence) Bo NIx is going to have roughly 10 seconds to scramble around and find a receiver. And you know what? He might. Football is a fickle mistress and the oblong ball bounces funny. You just never know with these things. But I’m going to choose to believe that the Dawgs will emerge victorious and convincingly so. With that in mind, let’s start things off right:
And now your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- If you want to focus on warm, fuzzy feelings, UGA Wire/USA Today predicts the outcomes of Georgia’s remaining games and it looks about how you’d expect.
- We all have our takes on JT Daniels/Stetson Bennett/Georgia’s QB situation, so why not balance that out with some thoughts from Eric Zeier (he probably knows what he’s talking about, right?)
- Can’t get enough of predictions about today’s game? Well here is the ESPN FPI. Honestly, I don’t pay much attention to how these things are calculated. I stopped doing math when I tapped out after Calc II and I stopped caring about it sometime during my sophomore year of high school. Dawg Sports has, in my opinion, the best stats guys in the blogosphere breaking these things down, but I’m more of an eye-test guy. I’ve watched every minute of every Georgia game and all of three Auburn games and part of a fourth. 84.5% seems a tad low to me, but I’ll once again refer you to the oblong ball that bounces funny.
- Fancy a walk down memory lane? Here are some of Georgia’s best individual performances against the Barners in recent years.
- Finally, future Dawg Gunner Stockton has broken a state record for total TDs previously held by Deshaun Watson. 219 touchdowns in a little under 4 years sure is something.
As you know, this space also serves as your early morning open comment thread. Let us know what you’re up to this morning. what you think about Georgia’s matchup with the Tiglesmen, and how thankful you are that we’ve dodged a bullet and Gary Danielson is calling the CBS night game. Macondawg will be along shortly with comment threads for the day’s other contests and, of course, the kickoff of the
Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry at 3:30.