It’s a brisk and overcast morning outside the Classic City... depending on which direction you go, you just might also hit some drizzle/rain. The forecast in Jacksonville, Florida skews slightly warmer and any rain appears to be a thing of the past. By the time the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party kicks off at 3:30, it should be a comfortable 70 degrees at TIAA Bank Field (which should see some quality football for the first time in quite a while). Today your #1 Georgia Bulldogs face off against the unranked Florida Gators. Whether you find yourself in Athens, Jacksonville, or points inbetween, it’s time for some Gator hate. More than usual. Which was a pretty substantial amount to begin with.
And now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- If you want a glimpse into Georgia’s mentality heading into today’s contest, Chip Towers brings us a few choice quotes and thoughts from Kirby and the players.
- If for some reason you’re interested in what members of the media covering the other side have to say about Georgia and this year’s WLOCP, UGAWire/USA Today have you covered.
- Here’s this week’s final injury report. Although there are still some important pieces missing, things are definitely trending in the right direction.
- Mel Kiper (in his infinite wisdom) has NFL Draft position rankings for a bunch of Dawgs. I’d be very curious to hear his justification for ranking Jordan Davis the #2 draft-eligible DT... except, actually, no I wouldn’t because Mel Kiper.
- In future Bulldog news, weeks after breaking Deshaun Watson’s Georgia record for touchdowns all-time, UGA QB commit Gunner Stockton has now broken Trevor Lawrence’s Georgia record for yards all-time. I think that makes him what they call an all-timer.
As you certainly know by now, this is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Use it to let us know how you’re passing the hours until 3:30, to tell us what you think about today’s game and the other games around college football, and (most of all) to bask in the exquisite hatred every born and bred Georgia Bulldog holds for the reptiles from Gainesville. Macondawg will be along later with additional comment threads for the Cocktail Party and other games throughout the day. Until then...