It’s one week until the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (Have you hated the Gators today?), which means your #1 Georgia Bulldogs have a bye. While they are resting and recovering and prepping for the trip to Jacksonville, we’re left with a Saturday of many options. There are still plenty of football games to occupy our attention. You may have that thing you’ve been meaning to do and you finally have no excuse not to do it. Or, like me, you may be planning a day of rest and relaxation of your own... by which I mean sleeping late and then probably also napping on and off throughout the day. Whatever your plans, we’re here with what little Bulldog news has been circulating on the internet over the last 24 hours. But first, a little mood music:
And now your Bye Week/(Non)Gameday Morning Dawg BItes:
- It seems every time you turn around, the Dawgs are coming up roses on the recruiting trail. Sports Illustrated/Dawgs Daily has a rundown of the players Georgia is still pursuing.
- Speaking of big time recruits, if you’re coming from the Dawg Sports front page you’ve seen that Bear Alexander re-committed to Georgia. Dawg Nation has an exclusive with Alexander as he explains his thought process.
- If you missed it, UGA released a video tour of the new weight room at the football facility. Any complaints anyone might have had about Georgia’s facilities lagging behind 6-10 years ago should rest assured that their concerns have been addressed.
- It appears SEC Nation can’t get enough of the Dawgs. They’ll be heading to Jacksonville for the WLOCP. I’m sure the fact that 40% of the hosts went to Florida won’t prove to be irritating at all.
- Off the gridiron, the Georgia Men’s Tennis squad is rolling at the ITA Regionals down in Gainesville, Florida.
What can I say? Friday night/Saturday morning of the bye week are the epitome of “slow news day”.
As you certainly know by know this is also your open comment thread for the early part of the day. The Dawgs aren’t playing, but plenty of other teams are and we’d love to hear your thoughts on them as well as how you plan to spend your bye week Saturday. Macondawg may emerge later in the day to refresh the site with additional open comment threads as needed. Until then...