It’s a cool, clear morning here just outside the Classic City. Today your #1 Georgia Bulldogs take on the #11 Kentucky Wildcats between the hedges. Just about everyone seems to be in Athens, from ESPN to the SEC Network to a bevy of high-profile recruits. But beyond that, Dawg Nation is in Athens. And throughout Georgia. And beyond. It’s time for everyone inside and outside Sanford Stadium to unite together and pool their collective energy into something transcendent and spectacular. We’ve all felt that before, at one time or another. So put on that lucky shirt/hat/pair of socks/underwear and get ready to call the Dawgs. But as you spend your morning waiting for the game to start, remember that what we’re experiencing right now doesn’t come around for everyone and doesn’t come around that often.
Enjoy yourself and have a great Gameday Morning.
And now your Gameday Morning Dawg BItes:
- I don’t care how many nice things Gary Danielson says about Georgia, I simply can not stand the way he calls a game. We’ve managed to avoid it thus far. No such luck today. Shut up, Gary!
- In what is becoming one of my favorite gameday morning activities, let’s check in on the Sports Illustrated Ohio State blog that (for some reason) predicts every Georgia game.
- In what is decidedly NOT becoming one of my favorite gameday morning activities, here is your pregame injury report.
- You may have seen AD Josh Daniels boasting about the number of hot dogs sold at Sanford Stadium on social media last week. It turns out concession sales have skyrocketed across the board.
- If you care about such things, here is a breakdown of how former Bulldogs are faring in Fantasy Football (and I do, as I drafted both D’Andre Swift and Nick Chubb — which it turns out is working out just peachy for me).
- Off the gridiron, check out this audio about how UGA is working to improve the training of guide dogs. Perhaps before the next time Marc Curles calls a Georgia game, Uga X can be trained to help him out.
As you know by now, this is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Let us know how you’re spending these brisk morning hours, what you think about today’s games, and if you’ve come up with any new ways to tell Gary Danielson to shut up. Macondawg will be along later with threads for our games as well as others throughout the day and night.