Game is cancelled. Perfect. Might as well publish what was written for the week. It has been super frustrating to see Georgia handle this pretty well from a Covid perspective and still have multiple games get cancelled. Just let this year mercifully end.
Georgia making a New Year’s six bowl has now become one of the biggest things I am rooting for as we approach the end of the season. This was a very odd year with some bad breaks and execution errors leading to two bad losses from two good teams. Georgia needs another month of growth prior to this year’s offseason. There are some really good underclassmen players who have already been shorted a few games this season and those players need to continue to have meaningful practice and game experience to progress. With JT Daniels returning at QB next year, the Dawgs are again thrust into the upper echelon of teams with a chance to make a playoff. There is a lot of growing that needs to be done in bowl practice to see the type of results needed for a playoff run in 2021. I am hoping that Georgia will be slotted for the Peach Bowl and play an undefeated Cincinatti team. This gives us a ton to play for and will dramatically increase preparation intensity vs playing Indiana in the Citrus Bowl. The framework for the 2021 season is about to be built in the next few weeks.
Players I am most excited about for 2021
Sorry to jump ahead but if we are all being honest with ourselves, this season probably wont end as we had all hoped. As such, I will do what Dawgs do best and look forward to next year
· Jermaine Burton- it takes serious talent to see the field as a freshman receiver in the SEC and especially on a team as deep as Georgia. Burton took advantage of injuries to see the field early and has shined. He has shown the ability to go for 200 yards in a game while also converting clutch 3rd downs while tightly covered.
· Kendall Milton- stronger than anticipated, Milton’s physical running style finally caught up to him against UF. But he showed he can be a feature back and arguably may have already been Georgia’s most complete back this season. I think the injury was a fluke and he will have a very strong career
· Nakobe Dean- Dean was a can’t miss recruit out of Horn Lake, MS and he has lived up to every bit of hype. He is a magnet to the ball. Roquan Smith had a similar Sophomore season as it was a disappointing year but he showed glimpses of huge progression and possible greatness. Dean did the same this year and I am expecting a huge year from him in 2021
· Broderick Jones- looks like an NFL tackle right now. A preseason injury set him back or else I think he likely takes the RT job over Warren McClendon. He hasn’t seen a ton of time in 2020 but the reps he has seen have been very good and his frame is ready right now. He will be a starting T in 2021
Bucky’s Easy Money of the Week
Last Week: 3-2
1. Auburn +7 vs A&M (classic Malzahn job saver after a bad year)
2. Arkansas +3 vs Missouri
3. Tennessee +17.5 vs Florida
4. Ohio St -23.5 vs Michigan St
5. Clemson -22 vs Virginia Tech