Its the morning of the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party.
Now I could sit here and wax poetic about what this game means for today and both the immediate and long-term future. I could talk about how it fits into a season in which your Georgia Bulldogs have played up and down, lost badly to Alabama, and had a lackluster output last week against Kentucky. But what would the point of all that be? None of that really matters. For a little under 4 hours this afternoon, Georgia and Florida are going to be on the field in Jacksonville. And when that happens, one simple fact takes precedence over all others:
I hate Florida.
To the very core of me, I stone-cold hate the Gators. And as such, we will begin thusly:
Now for some Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- For those of you who missed it, we’ll start with the latest game trailer from the extremely talented folks at @GeorgiaFootball on Twitter:
Game 6 Trailer: Georgia vs Florida pic.twitter.com/ZcTmM2JoCT— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) November 6, 2020
- As you’ve likely heard by now, WR George Pickens did not make the trip to Jacksonville. Time for the rest of the receiver corps to step up and make a name for themselves.
- Former Dawg and current Gator Brenton Cox is surely looking to have an impact against his former team. I personally think this whole narrative is much ado about nothing. Cox seems to be doing well for the Gators and Georgia seems to be just fine without him. I obviously wish he’d had better taste in terms of where ended up, but for some reason a certain percentage of the population finds the interior of Florida appealing. That’s worthy of pity, not scorn.
- The roundball Dawgs now know their 2020-21 schedule courtesy of the SEC. We’ll see how much of it sticks and how much gets shuffled by Covid concerns.
- Finally, the Dawgs and Lady Dawgs swim team swept Auburn yesterday and I think we can all spare just a slice of the hatred we hold for Florida for the Tigers.
This is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Use it as you see fit: To share your thoughts on today’s games, your plans for the day, and your burning hatred for the Florida Gators. Macondawg will be along later with comment threads for this afternoon’s WLOCP. Until then...