The Dawgs are back in action this week, hoping to rebound after a tough loss in Tuscaloosa. Before we make the trip to Lexington to take on the Wildcats of Kentucky, let’s take a look around the conference and see who is making headlines.
Here’s what’s happening around the SEC:
· The Florida Gators have resumed practice after their COVID-19 outbreak. Let’s hope this is the only stoppage of play this season, and everyone remains healthy.
· Alabama wide receiver Jaylen Waddle suffered a fractured ankle and is likely out for the season. We wish Waddle a speedy recovery.
· It seems like the vitriol directed towards CBS commentator Gary Danielson is growing louder, as outlined here at Saturday Down South. Dawg fans know Danielson is unbearable to listen to, especially when Bama is playing. With CBS losing the SEC contract, we may not have to listen to Danielson much longer.
· Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin has been fined $25,000 for criticizing SEC officials. In typical Kiffin fashion, he has threatened to pay the fine in pennies.
· Mississippi State receiver/tight end Garrett Shrader, a former quarterback for the Bulldogs, has announced he is leaving the program. Everything seems to be going great in Starkville.
· Arkansas defensive back Jerry Jacobs has opted out of the rest of the season and declared for the NFL Draft.
Until next week - wash your hands, wear your masks, and GO DAWGS!!!