Ah, yes. My midseason Georgia football nihilism is back in a big way, folks. On this previously unscheduled bye week, I wrap myself in it like a warm, comfortable, and all-too-familiar blanket. Against my wishes, another day has begun... and, so, I am duty bound to provide you with Dawg Bites and an open comment thread for a gameday that isn’t. But I’m sure Kirk, Desmond, and the folks over at ESPN are ready to slobber all over the Big 10, so we’ve got that to look forward to...
Perhaps a bit of fitting musical accompaniment will carry us through. Maestro...
Now your (Non)Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Looking back on the Alabama game, the perpetually improving Richard LeCounte is, unsurprisingly, focusing on perpetual improvement.
- Two former Georgia running backs will be taking the field at The Benz on Sunday, as D’Andre Swift and the Detroit Lions take on Todd Gurley and the Falcons. Swift seems to be coming into his own and taking the reins in the backfield for Detroit so we’ll see how he looks.
- We have further guidance on the COVID precautions that will be in place for the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party (such as it will be... which seems like not much).
- The chances of the Georgia-Georgia Tech basketball game taking place are looking increasingly slim, which probably means Josh Pastner is in line for a contract extension.
- Auburn defeated Georgia. In Equestrian. Which isn’t great but they’ve had more success there over the last decade plus than on the gridiron, so it’s understandable. That said, it would have been nice for the #4 Dawgs to notch a win against the #1 Tigers, so I’m gonna add it to my pity pile.
As usual, this will also serve as your open comment thread for this (non)gameday morning. Discuss the day’s games, support one another through what promises to be insufferable College Gameday coverage, and bathe in the sweet ennui of the bye week. Macondawg will be along later to provide you with additional comment threads and an almost certainly sunnier worldview. Until then...