Depending on where you find yourself right now, your Saturday morning may be beginning with mild temperatures and the threat of rain. The potential for precipitation has certainly dissuaded me from spending my morning fiddling with the smoker. Despite the slight inconvenience of inclement weather, my spirits refuse to be dampened! It’s another college football Saturday, baby!
Today, your beloved Georgia Bulldogs will host the Tennessee Volunteers between the hedges. At 3:30 the dulcet tones of Gary Danielson’s staggeringly terrible takes will enter your ear canals and a small, yet discernible portion of your brain tissue will shrivel up and die. But until then we’ve got our precious pregame hours... filled with predictions, food preparation, bourbon, and camaraderie on this very website.
Tennessee enters Athens looking for a signature win to propel them into an SEC East limelight that they’ve long since ceded to the Dawgs and Gators. A path that includes a road victory in Athens would indeed set them on course for such glory. Alas, the road that begins in Sanford Stadium doesn’t lead where the Vols hope. But if they’re needing post-game inspiration, Philomath is where I go...
Now for your Gameday Morning Dawg BItes:
- As usual, let’s begin with this week’s game trailer from the wizards over at @GeorgiaFootball on Twitter (in case you missed it and need to get your hype on):
Week 3 Trailer: The Story of Us pic.twitter.com/MZN1hBiXC0— Georgia Football (@GeorgiaFootball) October 8, 2020
- And speaking of stories, the AJC has a rundown of this season’s solidifying story at quarterback and it’s emerging protagonist, Stetson Bennett IV.
- Rocky Top Talk brings the Volunteer perspective on today’s matchup between Georgia’s receivers and Tennessee’s secondary.
- If you’re looking ahead to the WLOCP, Dawgs 247 has a look at the potential attendance restrictions and social distancing requirements in Jacksonville.
- In “Dawgs in the NFL” news, Rodrigo Blankenship is continuing to do Hot Rod things and is making history in the process in Indianapolis.
This is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Please share how you plan to spend the time leading up to Georgia’s kickoff against the Vols and our impending Danielson-induced aneurysms. What do you hope to see from the Dawgs today and what weaknesses are you worried that the Vols may expose? Most of all, just enjoy the company of your fellow Dawg Sports commenters. Macondawg will be along a bit later with your afternoon/game comment threads. Until then...