Who’s ready for a noon kickoff???
Yeah, me neither. But you know what that means... It just became socially acceptable to pour yourself a nice, big glass of bourbon at 7 a.m. (unless, of course, you’re in Franklin County at another dang cross country meet). So get your grill/smoker fired up early, imbibe that which gives you the most pleasurable feelings, #WearPinkForWendy, and prepare for some gameday action between the Dawgs and the Red Wolves
Take it away, boys!
And now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First off (and as usual), in case you missed it, @GeorgiaFootball has another goosebump-inducing game trailer. Much love to Coach Dooley and Loran Smith is a national treasure. Damn Good Dawgs both.
- Dawgs247 has a nice profile of Michael Barnett and the role Dawgs who have already graduated are playing on this year’s squad.
- DawgNation has a few things to look for if you choose to scout out next week’s opponent, the #7 Notre Dame Fighting Irish in their game against the New Mexico Lobos.
- Just in case you were wondering what the national media thinks of the Dawgs, here you go. I continue to be impressed by Danny Kanell’s ability to find new and interesting ways to be an absolute hack.
- And on the recruiting front, Georgia is already off to the races with a second 2021 commitment.
- This gives me life. Tech defeated perennial behemoth USF, play The Citadel today, and “have a shot” at a winning streak. It’s a great day to be a Dawg.
- Finally, off the gridiron, here is the newly released 2019-20 schedule for Coach Crean’s up-and-coming Dawgs. Time to start working on the wife about that trip to Hawaii. Somehow I don’t think she’ll take much convincing.
The SEC has announced the men’s basketball schedule, so here is Georgia’s full slate for the upcoming season: pic.twitter.com/C79ADR5VFx— Seth Emerson (@SethWEmerson) September 10, 2019
That’s it for now, folks.
This is your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Use it to let us know what you’ll be looking for today, what you think of the other games being played, and if, in your opinion, we’ve reached the point where ESPN could get away with just replacing Lee Corso with a mascot head and a voiceover guy.
Macondawg will be back just before noon with your game thread and then periodically throughout the day with additional comment threads for the day’s later games.