It’s Week 1, Dawg fans, and it hasn’t come a moment too soon. After a scorching hot summer, the Georgia Bulldogs will finally make the journey up to Nashville to kickoff the 2019 season against Vanderbilt on Saturday night.
Before we line up on West End and party all night at the Valentine, let’s check in around the league to see what the other schools are up to.
Here’s what’s happening around the SEC:
- Florida technically already kicked the 2019 season off, defeating Miami 24-20 in a game that did not cause anyone else in the SEC East to fear the Gators.
- Auburn will turn to true freshman quarterback Bo Nix to be their starting QB when the Tigers face Oregon in Arlington, beating out Joey Gatewood. Nix will be Auburn’s first true freshman to start at QB since 1946.
- Alabama has released their depth chart ahead of their clash against Duke. Spoiler: Tua Tagovailoa is starting. Also, they have a looooot of depth at wide receiver.
- Tennessee defensive back Bryce Thompson has been suspended indefinitely after being charged with domestic assault. On top of this charge, Thompson allegedly threatened to shoot up the school. This is a situation that will be closely monitored as Thompson led the team in interceptions in 2018.
- Former LSU defensive back Kelvin Joseph has decided to transfer to Kentucky. Joseph is a former top 100 recruit from the class of 2018, playing in 11 games last season before being suspended for the Tigers’ bowl game after breaking team rules.
- Mississippi State quarterback Keytaon Thompson has entered the transfer portal after losing the competition to be the Bulldogs’ starting quarterback to transfer Tommy Stevens.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!