This edition of ‘Dawg Bites is brought to you by Todd Gurley’s cat.
Did this put a smile on your face? Non cat lovers, too? Good...
Gurley admits he has a clear disdain for dogs (Uga reportedly fainted upon hearing this news), and has an affinity for felines. Look, the guy could have a weed eater as a pet and I wouldn’t think any less of him. And whether he likes it or not, he’ll always be a Damn Good Dawg. Todd hasn’t named his cat yet. I think “Hurdle” has a nice ring to it.
The WorldWide Leader has a list of the top 15 most exciting players for 2019. Methinks our representative is ranked a bit too low.
This list ranks the top 50 programs over the last 150 years. If this were print material, It would be best utilized at the bottom of a bird cage. Maybe Todd’s cat can pee on it. Good kitty...
There’s been a bit of speculation about the health of D’Andre Swift over the last 48 hours or so when we wasn’t seen practicing on Tuesday. He was back in action “without restrictions” Thursday. For the record, I was never worried...probably ‘cause I’ve been drankin’ since Wednesday.
Sports Illustrated has a nice piece on Tom Crean’s rebuilding-via-recruiting success in year 2 and how this will pay dividends beyond this upcoming season. Yes, please. It will be a really fun team to watch.
Mark Weiszer of the Athens Banner-Herald has another spotlight piece, this time on Bulldog frosh wideout George Pickens. I’m beginning to think this kid might have a future in Athens.
Look, folks. It’s Friday! The boss has a meeting downtown (which means he/she left early for happy hour), and if you’re like me, you have spent more time reading Georgia blogs than Excel sheets. It’s okay to admit that productivity has been “dinged” a bit lately. You’ve got to pass some time before the 5 o’clock whistle. Here are some handy podcasts that might help you out.
(If you get in trouble, you don’t know me...)
- Brandon Adam’s DawgNation Daily on SoundCloud. The AJC’s Jeff Sentell is a regular and has some good recrootin’ insights.
- Kevin Butler and Jeff Dantzler’s Foot & Mouth Podcast on SoundCloud. I’m not sure if they’ll be back for 2019, but it’s a weekly feature during the season and these guys are funny.
- UGASports Live with Coach Jim Donnan. Coach Donnan brings it every week. He’s “stronger than 3 rows of wild onions...”
- Dawgs 247 Junkyard DawgCast is a relatively new entry, and the 247Sports crew know their stuff.
- I often listen to the guest clips on Bill King’s of WNSR in Nashville, which provide good insight to some of our foes. Another SoundCloud hosted product.
Use the filter to get to the most recent stuff on the SoundCloud entries, and enjoy.
There’s a ton of college football content out there. Let us know if you have a favorite podcast and feel free to share in the comments.
And in other news:
I took this picture in Fort Lauderdale. Someone rescue me. Get me out of here. Please. Seriously. Kirby’s jet will do.
That’s all I got!