The 2019 Super Bowl kicks off at 6:30(ish) eastern on CBS with a phalanx of Georgia Bulldogs involved. Who you root for is solely your decision (though we have some helpful thoughts on the issue.)
A few interesting, non-UGA notes to be aware of.
- Rams coach Sean McVay (33) will become the youngest head coach in Super Bowl history.
- New England is a 2.5 point favorite, and the Vegas over/under on points is 56.
- New England is 6-0 this seasons versus playoff teams (4-0 in the regular season, 2-0 in the playoffs). Say what you will about the Pats, they haven’t taken the easy road this year.
- Of the Bulldog tailbacks playing this evening, Sony Michel may have the harder time breaking 100 yards. The Rams have only given up 98 rushing yards in playoff wins over the Cowboys and Saints.
- Tom Brady will be vying to become the first quarterback who sleeps in a cryogenic chamber and subsists on nothing but kale and coconut husks to win forty-nine Super Bowls. Okay, this one’s only partially true*. But it seems that way.
Feel free to join us for all the action. The commercials, the National Anthem, the annual cheesy halftime show, and maybe even a little actual football. And . . .
*It’s actually kale and tomatillo husks.