Much like the college football season, 2019 is coming to a close. It’s a relatively slow news day around Dawg Nation, which should come as little surprise now that the Early Signing Period has ended and folks start heading off to their holiday destinations. If you’re interested in reading one of the dozens of 2019 Georgia postmortems out there (of wildly varying quality, I might add), I trust that you can find them. For the rest, we have Dawg Bites. But first, Matthew Sweet has me feeling a certain kind of way:
Now for those Saturday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Things may be swinging UGA’s way when it comes to the nation’s #1 tailback recruit, Zachary Evans. And some folks from opposing fanbases are predictably real, real mad about it. Seriously, get you some popcorn and do a Twitter search for “Zachary Evans.” Evans plans to commit January 2nd at the Under Armour All America Game.
- As you likely know from the front page, UGA pulled out a 2OT victory against SMU in Stegeman last night. If you missed the game, here’s a two-minute recap and interview with Sahvir Wheeler, as well as his game winning highlight.
- Here’s a quick reminder that one of the biggest 2020 storylines for Georgia’s defensive line may be the return of (a hopefully fully-healthy) Julian Rochester for one final season.
- The Chattanooga Times Free Press has a nice profile on “Last Chance U” alum and current Bulldog, Jermaine Johnson.
- And finally, the SEC and CBS will be parting ways following the 2023 season. Set your DVRs now, because in the coming decades you’re going to need to be able to explain to your grandchildren why you scream “SHUT UP, GARY!!!” in your sleep.
And that’s it for this morning. From my Dawg family to yours, I hope you have a restful week filled with friendship and family, joy, and hope for the new year. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, and...