Wiith the exception of today’s Army-Navy game (which I can’t recommend enough, despite the fact that it looked like it was going to be much more interesting before Army absolutely fell apart as the season went on), this will be our first Saturday without a slate of college football viewing in the past 3 months. Given what has transpired over the course of the season, this may be both a blessing and a curse. My vital organs could certainly use a bit of a break. But that won’t last long, for very soon we’ll all be pining for the sweet heartbreak that only next September can bring. College football can be a punishing and cold-hearted mistress... but, by God, she’s ours! So it seems only fitting that we march toward the long and desolate football-less landscape of our near future thusly:
Here are your Saturday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Let’s kick things off with a look back at the impressive first year performance of Nolan Smith.
- In former Dawg news, Nick Chubb continues to do Nick Chubb things.
- If you were wondering what Matt Luke’s compensation package looks like, well... here you go.
- Leading up to the early signing period, the Dawgs have a massive recruiting weekend on tap, with a major WR prospect getting pitched on the program in the Classic City.
- Finally, on the court, the Dawgs are preparing to take on Arizona State in Tempe this evening at 8:00. It’ll be the first major conference opponent Georgia has faced since their ill-fated Hawaii trip. Unfortunately, viewing it will force us to acknowledge the existence of the PAC-12 Network, but football season is basically over, so I’ll allow it.
That’s all for now. Until later...