The regular season is over, but that doesn’t mean the news stops. Quite the opposite actually – welcome to silly season and the coaching carousel!
A lot of changes have occurred over the past week, with the one most Dawg fans are acutely aware of is the shake-up in our offensive line room. Let’s recap the noteworthy nuggets over the past week.
Here’s what’s happening around the SEC:
- As we are all aware, our very own Sam Pittman has left to become the head coach at the University of Arkansas. We wish Sam nothing but the best at Arkansas. Especially against Auburn and Bama. But not against UGA.
- Ole Miss has hired Lane Kiffin as their new head coach, and I am so excited to get Lane not only back in the SEC, but in Oxford and the Grove. Any story that comes out of Oxford, no matter how far-fetched, I will believe.
- Missouri hired Appalachian State head coach Eliah Drinkwitz to be their new coach. Drinkwitz leaves Appalachian State after only one season.
- Former Colorado State head coach and Georgia offensive coordinator Mike Bobo has been named the new offensive coordinator at South Carolina. Really hope he doesn’t run the dang ball over there.
- Former Arkansas head coach Chad Morris was named the new offensive coordinator at Auburn. He takes over for Kenny Dillingham, who left to take the same role at Florida State.
- Kentucky quarterback/wide receiver/returner/do-it-all player Lynn Bowden has declared for the NFL Draft. Bowden kept the Wildcats afloat on offense this season and led them to yet another bowl berth.
- LSU passing coordinator Joe Brady was named the Broyles Award winner in a decision that may be just slightly more surprising than Joe Burrow winning the Heisman this weekend.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!