It’s a big rivalry Saturday in college football and that starts with the Dawgs and Jackets. On paper (in terms of talent, statistical performance, and physical attractiveness), Georgia easily comes out on top in this one. And that should give you comfort... but the thing is, that’s been the case before and the end result has not always reflected it. So, it’s understandable that you might have some concerns. But at the same time, you also couldn’t be blamed for expecting a blowout. Either way, it’s always a beautiful thing to see the Dawgs take the field at the trade school and in a few short hours we’ll see what UGA has been building in terms of momentum heading into next week’s SECCG against LSU.
And on that note, for the the last time this regular season, let’s send it over to the guys (and, in this case, Kate Pierson):
Here are some Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First up, in case you missed it, Georgia’s Strength and Conditioning staff just keeps pumping out quality internet content:
- Here’s a fun exercise! I’m sure you’ll find a couple of areas to quibble with (as I did... in particular, I’m not a fan of using Super Bowl victories to determine that David Andrews, and not Ben Jones, is Georgia’s best center... even if I could be persuaded to agree with the end result), but it’s a solid list overall. Any glaring issues anyone feels the need to sound off on?
- If you find yourself looking ahead to next week’s game and plan to watch LSU and Texas A&M today, here is some perspective on how that matchup compares to Georgia’s own game against the Aggies.
- Also, here is some footage from 11Alive of your Dawgs making good off the gridiron. For as good as J.R. Reed is on the field, he’s even better on camera. He’s going places and we’re going to miss him badly.
- Finally, a not-so-subtle reminder that this is your enemy for the day. If the Dawgs lose, I’ll consider it an unforgivable failure.
This Team is about to Attack the 4th of July with Extreme Exaggerated Passion! pic.twitter.com/PPPi6S0aYt— GT Football Strength (@StrengthGT) July 2, 2019
This is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread as we lead up to your Georgia Bulldogs taking Historic Mark Richt Field against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Use this space to vent your insect hatred, discuss your thoughts on today’s final regular season game, and convene with your fellow Dawg Sports community members. Macondawg will be along shortly with your game threads for Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate, as well as the day’s later contests.
Wreck Tech and GOOOO DAWGS!!!