It’s the final home game of the season and Senior Day in beautiful Athens, Georgia. One final day to tailgate on the campus of the University of Georgia and one final time to tee it up between the hedges. This afternoon, our beloved Georgia Bulldogs will host the Texas A&M Aggies in their final SEC contest of the regular season. And in the meantime, you probably have some shenanigans you’re getting up to as you prepare for the festivities. As for me, I’ll be trying my best to get into the Thanksgiving spirit by smoking a turkey and liberally basting it with cranberry barbecue sauce. Regardless of how you plan to spend the day, I hope you’ll join us in thanking our Seniors, enjoying the final Saturday of the 2019 season in the Classic City, and taking a moment for contemplation.
Now over to our usual musical accompaniment:
I should mention that even though I don’t especially care what happens at my funeral, this song will be played or I will haunt all the attendees for the remainder of their days.
Here are your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- In case you missed it, @GeorgiaFootball on Twitter has another predictably awesome game trailer for Senior Day
- I’d also recommend you check out the @GeorgiaFootball Twitter feed where they have a tweet for each Senior along with the #DawgForLife hashtag. It honestly got me a little misty-eyed.
- The Macon Telegraph has an excellent article on the evolution of Georgia’s run defense.
- If Georgia doesn’t back up a Brinks truck to keep Sam Pittman, I will lead a mutiny on Butts-Mehre the likes of which have never been seen. I love you, Coach Pittman, with all my heart, and I have no intention of watching you become a modern day Neil Callaway (even though you are a much better coach... but let’s face it, Arkansas is a dumpster fire in no danger of going out any time soon).
- Bless y’all that will be in Sanford Stadium today. I’ll be watching from the dry confines of my living room. I don’t agree that any inclement weather will be an equalizer, cause I think it favors the style of play favored by the Dawgs, but you folks are doing the Lord’s work.
- Finally, the only thing I love more than a player profile is a Hot Rod profile (even if it’s far shorter than what Rodrigo deserves).
This is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment thread. I hope you’ll take a moment to share your thoughts about today’s game and interact with your fellow members of the Dawg Sports community. Macondawg will be along shortly with comment threads for the remainder of the day’s games.