The day of the
Deep South’s Oldest Rivalry is upon us, as our Georgia Bulldogs travel to West Opelika to take on the Auburn Tigers. While this game is unlikely to move the needle in regard to who will ultimately play for the SEC Championship, it does strike me as a game for the soul of the SEC. Will the victors be the plucky team that could potentially grow into a behemoth before our eyes or the bagman beneficiaries out of Alabama’s stinking armpit? Well, one team and fanbase is not only deadlier, but smarter, too. As such I’m compelled to toss it over to today’s musical selection...
Take it away boys!
And now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Y’all know I love a good profile/breakdown of a Georgia player. Well, SI has one for George Pickens. Also, when I read the line about Auburn fans thinking the “bag man” was the reason Pickens chose UGA, I laughed so hard I may have peed a little.
- If Ryan Leaf (of all people) doesn’t like where the Dawgs are sitting, I have to say I like our chances.
- Today’s Georgia-Auburn game may cause some slight consternation for the Fromm family. I’m not suggesting any parent should favor one child over another, but if you’ve ever watched any footage of Mama Fromm, I don’t think there’s any question about which side she’ll be rooting for deep down.
- This is a fun look at Georgia’s defense and where it may derive it’s identity. I think James Coley’s biggest sin, perhaps, is that he’s caused many of us to exert so much energy on his questionable play calling that we’re missing out on appreciating some truly glorious defensive performances.
- Chad Johnson wants to race Mecole Hardman, Jr. OK Boomer! (He said, knowing full well that Ochocinco is a late stage Gen-Xer at best. Anyway, that’s what all the cool kids are saying, right? Also, the meme itself is invalid because it is really a reaction to a class disparity, not a generational one... but that’s probably enough about that.)
- Damn Good Dawg! Barkley can get bent.
“When did you put that Georgia helmet on the desk?”— NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) November 15, 2019
Ernie is taking this UGA-Auburn rivalry seriously pic.twitter.com/Jr2wlg5gYm
This is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Use this space to share your morning plans, food and drink prep secrets, and thoughts on today’s games. Macondawg will be around shortly to add comment threads for the Georgia/Auburn contest and other games throughout the day.