Is it possible to have a week-long hangover? If not, someone’s going to need to explain to me what exactly this is cause it sure feels that way. Anyway, it’s time to finally shake that off. Its going to be an interesting October day in Athens weather wise. That is to say one moderately cool in temperature and in which the probability of rain looks to be a going concern as the day progresses. We’ve been gifted with an evening kickoff (I’m still not quite sure how), so the smoker has already been going for a bit and the Maker’s is getting cold in the freezer. Let’s get fired up in the hopes that our good energy will find its way to Sanford Stadium. And if anyone is around Butts-Mehre, I’ll pay good money for James Coley’s playbook to “disappear” from his office.
Here we go:
Now for your Gameday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Georgia has announced its captains for today’s game. It’s a solid (if wildly obvious) selection.
- In case you missed it, @GeorgiaFootball on Twitter has another in their uniformly excellent series of game trailers:
- The Dawgs have been prepping for Saturday’s likely wet conditions. Kirby commented on their preparation methods:
“We were doing it, spraying it down, making it as hard as possible”
Come on, Coach! So we’re just done with phrasing, right? That’s not a thing anymore?
- Off the gridiron, the men’s golf team had a big day in Indiana.
- Finally, despite a plethora of turnovers, the Anthony Edwards-fronted Dawgs roundball team emerged victorious in their exhibition and showed some signs of things to come.
This is also your Gameday Morning Open Comment Thread. Use this space to ponder what will become of the Dawgs both today and as the season progresses, share how you’ll be spending your Saturday, and just generally make merry with your fellow Dawg Sports community members. Macondawg will be along later with additional comment threads for the afternoon games and, of course, the contest between the Kentucky Wildcats and your #10 (ugh) Georgia Bulldogs.