Good afternoon, Dawg Nation. As we lick our metaphorical wounds (luckily only metaphorically for Uga X, mind you. Smh Bevo.), let’s take a look around the league as team’s head into the offseason… or the National Championship Game.
Here’s what’s happening around the SEC:
- Alabama prepares for the title game and their fourth annual matchup against Clemson. Nothing too significant for the Tide has occurred prior the matchup, which is only good news for Bama.
- Ole Miss has hired Rich Rodriguez as its new offensive coordinator. This will either go really well or either really poorly, with no middle ground. Unless, of course, I’m wrong.
- Auburn wide receiver Darius Slayton has declared for the NFL Draft. With a big frame, he should do quite well for himself at the next level.
- Florida running back Jordan Scarlett has also declared for the NFL Draft, marking the fifth Gator underclassman to leave early. Dan Mullen will spin this positively, but this should be a concern for the 2019 Gators.
- Speaking of teams losing a lot of underclassmen, Texas A&M had four players declare for the Draft early: running back Trayveon Williams, center Erik McCoy, tight end Jace Sternberger, and linebacker Tyrel Dodson. Jimbo Fisher will need to reload with his highly rated recruiting class sooner than maybe some anticipated.
- One more early declaration to mention: Vanderbilt cornerback Joejuan Williams. Williams was a high performer for the Commodores with a bright future ahead.
Until next time... GO DAWGS!!!