It’s Week 2 and conference play opens up with a couple tantalizing matchups that will paint a clearer picture of how the conference will shake out this year. Georgia vs. South Carolina and Florida vs. Kentucky kickoff the conference slate, while Mississippi State and Texas A&M face tough tests against Kansas State and Clemson, respectively.
Before the games begin, let’s check-in and see what’s happening around the SEC:
- South Carolina has done a lot of bold things leading up to the showdown with UGA this week, but creating a hype video for the unveiling of their uniform combination may be the craziest. Now, where have I seen over-hyping a uniform for a game before…
- Alabama coach Nick Saban has officially named Tua Tagovailoa the team’s starting quarterback. If you wanted me to elaborate on this story, I’m not going to, so quit asking.
- On a more serious note, LSU has lost linebacker K’Lavon Chaisson for the season due to a torn ACL. Chaisson was poised for a big season, and here’s hoping for a successful and speedy recovery.
- One Muschamp will definitely end the week happy: Robert Muschamp, walk-on fullback for Auburn and nephew of South Carolina coach Will Muschamp, picked up a scholarship this week. Yes, even when it happens at Auburn, it’s cool to see a walk-on kid’s hard work pay off by earning a scholarship.
- Florida picked up a verbal commitment from four-star cornerback Jaydon Hill in a hard-fought recruiting battle with Tennessee.
- Speaking of Tennessee, they are the only SEC team not to be 1-0 after Week 1. This isn’t necessary headline news, but it’s something that needed to be acknowledged again here at dawgsports.com.
Sandstorm is old. Squawking is lame. Go Dawgs, y’all.