Georgia has weathered some mental errors and poor execution while still managing to take a 17-0 lead to the halftime locker room. Some relevant thoughts:
• Jeremy Pruitt is bringing pressure, which makes sense against the UGA offensive line with some banged up and/or missing players. Georgia needs to continue to get the ball quickly to the perimeter in these situations, but must do a better job catching the ball and capitalizing when they beat the blitz.
• While D’Andre Swift may or may not be over his nagging groin injury, Elijah Holyfield looks like a starter. He has that ability to bring the punishment and fall forward, turning losses into 3 yard gains.
• JJ Holloman is just a dude. We’re going to keep getting him the ball in physics mismatches.
• if you look at the official stat sheet right now Isaac Nauta is our second leading rusher with 31 yards, but 0 carries.
• This Tennessee offense isn't great. But still, holding them to 68 yards in the first half and 1 of 6 on third down is good to see after last week.
The ‘Dawgs will get the ball coming out of the locker room, with the chance to really open the lead in this one. I’d watch for the Red and Black to run the ball hard in this half against a Tennessee front seven that’s good, but not that deep.