Happy Friday, y’all. Before we welcome back the Vols to Sanford and try to ensure that the last time they scored on us was that one play two years ago, let’s check out what has happened this week in the league.
Here’s what’s happening round the SEC:
- Tennessee quarterback Jarrett Guarantano looks like he is good to go for the game against Georgia this weekend.
- Kentucky football is ranked for the first time in 11 years. The Wildcats, and not South Carolina, appear to be Georgia’s biggest threat in the East. We’ll learn more after the two square off tomorrow.
- Former Florida running back Adarius Lemons has been arrested for assault of his girlfriend. He was to be eligible to play next year due to the new four game redshirt rule.
- Both Auburn and Arkansas appear to be in the running for former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant after he announced his intention to transfer and play for another team in 2019. This would be an extremely on-brand move for Auburn.
- LSU basketball player Wayde Sims was shot and killed last night. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the LSU community.
- Mississippi State welcome back former coach Dan Mullen this weekend when Florida comes to town. We’ll see what kind of reception he receives in Starkville.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!