It’s finally Week 1! The wait is over! Welcome to the first installment of Around the SEC for the 2018 season. We will update you on the happenings in the league on a weekly basis.
Without further ado, here is what’s happening around the SEC:
- Florida has named Feleipe Franks their starting QB to start the season. We’ll see if it’s a better move the second go around.
- In some non-news, Alabama has yet to name a starting QB for the season. I think we all assume it will be Tua, though. Stay tuned.
- In what is turning into the real “War for the Or” (I refuse to ever call the Cocktail Party by it’s new official name), Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt and West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen have both released depth charts that feature the word “or” frequently, channeling their inner Jim Harbaugh.
- Texas A&M head coach Jimbo Fisher has named Kellen Mond as the Aggies’ starting quarterback to start 2018. However, it’s still TBD where Mond will inevitably transfer to to finish his collegiate career.
- Surprise, another starting QB announcement! This time, it’s Arkansas, who named Cole Kelley the starter. Arkansas was 2-3 in games Kelley started in 2017.
- Mississippi State quarterback and Heisman hopeful Nick Fitzgerald has been suspended for the Bulldogs’ season opener against Stephen F. Austin for violating team rules. Keytaon Thompson will start in his place.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!