After the nightmare journey through 90s music I’ve put you through this season, I fully intended to branch into another area of my diseased musical brain this week. But then, of course, it was revealed that our #5 Georgia Bulldogs would be taking on the #15 Texas Longhorns in the Sugar Bowl. And I had an epiphany.
There is a singular song that pops into my mind when I think of our Dawgs riding into New Orleans to do battle against the Longhorns. I couldn’t help myself. It was just there. And it just so happened to be one of my absolute favorites from my incredibly awkward adolescent years. So, here you go. Enjoy.
And now, on to your Friday Morning Dawg Bites...
I’m not gonna lie to y’all. It’s a slow news day. The players are taking finals and folks are packing up and heading out of Athens. But we still have a few notable tidbits:
- First up, we have a look at a few names I haven’t necessarily seen tossed out with regard to Georgia’s DC position. Greg Schiano? Do not want. And not because of the Clay Travis tomfoolery... but because the man gave up nearly 50 points to the Purdue Boilermakers.
- Next, we get a glimpse at how the SEC teams may fair in their bowl games. Speaking of Purdue, I think Auburn is quite a bit better than the Boilermakers... and I hate Auburn with every particle of my being. I sure would love to see that Kentucky prediction come true against the Nittany Lions, though.
- Five Georgia freshmen have been selected to the SEC All-Freshman team. I’m not sure what Justin Fields did to be included other than being a Freshman that is a QB who actually saw some action, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see more and more Dawgs featured on these lists in the future.
- In case you somehow missed it, Deandre Baker became the first Georgia player to win the Jim Thorpe award as the nation’s best DB. Baker hasn’t had a touchdown scored on him in two seasons, but don’t let that distract you from the narrative that Greedy Williams was robbed.
- Here is a Sugar Bowl prediction I can get behind.
- I’ll take “Contradicting Your Own Thesis” for $1000, Alex!
Georgia Bulldogs Deserved Being Left Out of College Football Playoffs
Watching the Georgia Bulldogs in the final games of the season it was obvious they are one of the four best teams in college football.
Wow. That took two whole lines.
And that’s it for an incredibly slow news day.
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...