Kirby Smart met the press this afternoon for the first time in preparation for the Sugar Bowl coming up on New Years Day. Kirby tore through a good bit of information in a relatively brief time, including:
• An update on potential NFL early entries (spoiler, there’s nothing new, but could be soon).
• Some news on early enrollees who are already practicing with the team.
• How he and his staff are dividing defensive coaching duties as Mel Tucker takes over at Colorado.
• What he uses bowl practices for, which isn’t necessarily to get ready for the Texas Longhorns.
• His thoughts on playoff expansion, which he’d really rather you ask Mike Leach about.
You can catch the full audio with the above notes and a few other items below. Until later...