As we draw near the end of this season’s nightmare voyage through the 90s music that still litters my brain, I got to thinking about what would be the most fitting representation for tomorrow’s game. It’s a big one for sure, but I think the Dawgs come out with their hair on fire and just really take it to the Tigers. I think our players will delight in making Auburn and their fans squirm in exquisite pain as they fester in their own failure. I know I would enjoy watching that.
So while these perfectly normal and not at all troubling thoughts went through my head, I remembered a very strange band and song from my high school years. A song which, in my opinion, is so bizarre that it’s great and which encapsulates what I think the Tigers should be preparing themselves for. Auburn, welcome to “Hell”:
Just so y’all know, that entire album holds up really well.
Anyway, onward to your Friday Morning Dawg Bites:
- To begin, I highly recommend you take this opportunity to re-read (as I do every year) one of the most delightful, beautifully written, and accurate characterizations ever committed to the written word (courtesy of our beloved founder).
- ESPN is looking ahead to Georgia’s matchup with Alabama because, of course they are.
- Saturday Down South has coverage of Kirby Smart pushing back on the quarterback controversy that everyone outside of the Dawgs claims is, but it turns out actually isn’t.
- The Red and Black brings you a breakdown of which position groups should prove advantageous for each side on Saturday night.
- The experts at CBS Sports have their picks up for this weekend. Everyone has Georgia straight up, but its a little fuzzier against the spread. And two of them have Tennessee beating Kentucky? Ok.
- And back to The Red & Black, they have their picks as well... and a couple of them seem closer than I expect.
- If you plan on spending time on campus tomorrow, I highly recommend you check out the STEMzone UGA event on the lawn of the Miller Learning Center.
- As always, we’ve got Throwdown Thursday action from Coach Sinclair and the S&C staff. It looks painful:
- And surprise, surprise... we have a game trailer:
Before I leave you, I have one more 90s reference that I feel absolutely compelled to include given the theme of my lead-up to tomorrow night’s game:
Have a great Friday everybody. Until later...
Auburna delenda est and GOOOO DAWGS!!!