I would like to simultaneously congratulate the Georgia Bulldogs and offer my condolences to the many fans here at Dawg Sports. You see, by reaching tomorrow’s SEC Championship Game (and facing the Alabama Crimson Tide, no less), the Dawgs have given me the perfect opportunity to conclude this season’s nightmare tour of 90s music with possibly the most addictively obnoxious song ever recorded.
When you stop and think about our previous contests with our opponent tomorrow... The history over, oh I don’t know, say the last 10 years. The close calls and the blowouts. The knowledge that one day (and one day soon), our Dawgs will come out triumphant. It’s possible tomorrow could be that day. And if it isn’t, we’ll just have to get up again.
So, given the circumstances, you’ll have to forgive me. Once I get an idea, I have to follow through. It’s a nasty compulsion. But I have so little self-control and feel I had no choice but to present to you...
The Official 2018 SECCG Dawg Sports Theme Song:
(Editor’s Note: The Dawg Sports masthead did not approve of this selection. It is in no way “official” and its inclusion represents the views of the author and no one else. RedCrake is a man with a diseased mind and, while we humor him to prevent the further deterioration of his mental well-being, we must insist that you not take the above statement seriously. Thank you for your consideration)
Thank you for indulging me. I feel much better now that I got that out of my system.
Now for your Friday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Let’s begin with The Red & Black, which gives us a breakdown of position group comparisons between the Dawgs and the Tide. I can’t say I agree with the running backs take.
- Continuing with The Red & Black, we also get a fantastic profile of everyone’s favorite bespectacled placekicker.
- The “experts” at CBS Sports don’t like Georgia’s chances and that is just fine by me. You people employ Gary Danielson, which tells me all I need to know about whether or not I should value your opinions.
- Aaron Murray has a solid take on what Georgia needs to do to be successful tomorrow. Erin Murphy, now a 9th year senior, was unavailable for comment, but was spotted waiting for Jake Fromm after class on Thursday. Reporters observed that she appeared to have a nasty cough.
- Not that Kirby Smart needs any additional motivation to coach the game of his life on Saturday, but he has a few hundred thousand extra reasons anyway.
- Nick Chubb is just the best.
- Uga knows a Gator when he sees one.
- Speaking of which, I love the UGA Alumni Association as much as the next guy, but I will not allow my beloved Bulldogs to be sullied by becoming allies with filthy Gators. We don’t need their support and, frankly, they should spend their Saturday afternoon ironing their jorts instead. Do. Not. Want.
- Oh, look! It’s more mealy-mouthed, wishy-washy nonsense from the AJC! We’ll be worried about Georgia Tech... well, honestly, never... but when they manage to actually field a competent team.
Now on to the Twitter portion of this morning’s proceedings.
- Coach Sinclair and the rest of the Georgia S&C staff aren’t slacking with Throwdown Thursday just because the Dawgs are headed to the SECCG:
The road to the SEC championship began in Athens and ends in Atlanta. Go Dawgs! #Throwdownthursday #ATD @FootballUGA @Bsowders48 @coachellis6 pic.twitter.com/Sr9eyitgjh— scott sinclair (@coach_sinclair) November 29, 2018
- The feels. I haz them.
Week 14 Trailer | Bring the Thunder#ATD #GeorgiaFootball pic.twitter.com/Ytex4VrAzb— Georgia Football (@FootballUGA) November 30, 2018
- Finally, this isn’t a Dawg Bite, but I don’t care. I’ve never had the opportunity to experience winning it all with one of my teams... God willing, this will be the first and the Dawgs will soon follow:
Kings of the S̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ East pic.twitter.com/ErHAPjoYNF— Atlanta United FC (@ATLUTD) November 30, 2018
Vamos! Vamos! Vamos! A-T-L!!!
BEAT BAMA! And GOOOO DAWGS!!!