It’s SEC (East) Championship Week! Before our beloved Bulldogs head up to Lexington to take on the Wildcats, let’s look at what else is going on around the league.
Here is what’s happening around the SEC;
- Florida defensive lineman Luke Ancrum has denied choking Georgia tight end Jackson Harris, despite posting a picture of the choking incident and gloating about said incident prior to removing the post. This gloating really stings given the Gators’ dominance over the Dawgs on Saturday. Oh wait…
- Quarterback Kelly Bryant enjoyed his trip to Missouri, with the Tigers firmly in the mix to sign the graduate transfer quarterback. This would be a major win for Missouri with current QB Drew Lock headed to the NFL after this season.
- South Carolina freshman defensive lineman Jesus Gibbs has left the team, coach Will Muschamp has confirmed. Gibbs has not played in 2018.
- LSU quarterback Joe Burrow seemed confident in the press conference leading up to the Tigers’ showdown with Alabama. The Tide replied with a “No QB is Safe” video. Here’s hoping for more banter leading up to this showdown of SEC West rivals and playoff hopefuls.
- Auburn is dealing with two injuries prior to their game against Texas A&M. Running back Boobee Whitlow and right tackle Jack Driscoll are both listed as questionable heading into Saturday.
- Mississippi State running back Kylin Hill is listed as day-to-day leading up to this weekend’s game against Louisiana Tech.
- The SEC has essentially pushed out announcing the kickoff times to almost every November 10th game until after this weekend’s games. Seriously, all but four teams don’t know if they have a noon, midday, or night kickoff (Here’s hoping UGA/Auburn snags a night spot).
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!