Once again, we continue down the river of terrifying and troubling 90s music here on Friday Morning Dawg Bites. This time, that river leads to the Possum Kingdom.
Be my angel?
I’ve always sort of associated this song with the University of Florida and Gainesville (hell, really most of central Florida if I’m being honest). It’s just a connection my brain made for some reason I can’t recall. I’ll let you decide for yourselves what that reason might have been. Here we go:
Now, on to your Friday Morning Dawg Bites:
- In case you missed it, here is some back and forth about UGA/UF and Jacksonville with one of my all-time favorite Dawgs.
- And for thoughts from current Dawgs, The Red & Black has you covered.
- The Orlando Sentinel has a nice back-and-forth with Marc Weiszer of the AB-H.
- CBS Sports has their expert picks for this weekend up. Most everyone likes the Dawgs, but Barrett Sallee is one of the only ones who likes them to cover the spread
- Flagpole has some solid suggestions for the football team and the fans as they head into Jacksonville.
- The Dawgs lost another 2019 commit (at least for the time being). I’d be more panicked if I hadn’t seen all this play out before.
- ESPN gives Hot Rod some much deserved recognition, although calling him an “unsung hero” may be a bit of a stretch. On the one hand, I get it because the contributions of kickers are often overlooked. On the other, very few kickers in recent memory have enjoyed as much adoration and recognition from their fanbase as Rodrigo has received. Regardless, any honors thrown his way are certainly deserved.
- It’s Friday, which means that yesterday the UGA S&C staff threw another Throwdown Thursday video up on Twitter. Looks like some old-fashioned fun:
- Just a reminder... this is happening (Oof.):
For the first time since 2005 ...— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) October 21, 2018
We're headed to Jacksonville for Florida vs. Georgia! pic.twitter.com/tWf8gGA9z1
- Finally, if you’re staying on St. Simons this weekend and enjoy our coverage here at Dawg Sports, I will be more than happy to take delivery on behalf of the entire DS staff.
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...