Happy Friday, Dawg Nation! I would imagine an abnormally large portion of y’all will be reading this from the state of Louisiana as we takeover yet another road game. I hope to see some of y’all in Baton Rouge or celebrating in New Orleans Saturday night.
As we migrate from Bourbon Street on Broad to the actual Bourbon Street, let’s catch up on everything else going on around the league before the games begin.
Here’s what’s happening around the SEC:
- Alabama has retaken the no.1 recruiting composite ranking on 247 Sports. We’ll see if they end up there when all is said and done.
- Former Clemson quarterback Kelly Bryant has scheduled a visit to Arkansas. The Chad Morris connection could lure Bryant to the Razorbacks for his final season.
- In more Arkansas news, the Razorbacks and Oklahoma State Cowboys have agreed to a home-and-home series. Arkansas will travel to Stillwater in 2024, with the Cowboys returning the favor in 2027.
- Former Ole Miss head coach Hugh Freeze has landed a job as the offensive coordinator for the Arizona AAF team. It’s only a matter of time before he lands a college head coaching job once again, and possibly even sooner if Louisville cans Bobby Petrino this offseason.
- Auburn RT Jack Driscoll could return to the starting lineup after being injured in Auburn’s loss last week to Mississippi State.
- South Carolina head coach Will Muschamp has given the starting job back to a healthy Jake Bentley, but it appears that the door isn’t shut on Michael Scarnecchia, who played well last week against Missouri. We’ll see how the Gamecocks respond to Bentley being back in the starting lineup.
Until next time… GEAUX DAWGS!!!