While many of us expected a Georgia victory on Saturday, I don’t think any of us expected one quite like that. The Dawgs dominated Mississippi State and looked good doing it. And so we should take a few moments today to celebrate, but then it’s time to turn our attention to next weekend. After all, it isn’t every Saturday that you have to take on a team of perennial Life Champions™.
Let’s do this. These are your Sunday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First up, if you’d like to relive last night’s game, you can do so here. Or here. Or here. Or here.
- Next, The Red & Black has a graded breakdown of how each positional group performed against the Bizarro Bulldogs. I don’t necessarily disagree with any of their assessments, but these Dawg-colored glasses are pretty strong at the moment so I’m gonna give everybody an A+ (on principle).
- We all know rankings are ultimately meaningless at this point in the season. That said, as great a performance as Georgia had last night, I want some of what this guy is smoking.
- Cool picture. Terrible last line.
- Finally, it’s a well-known fact around these parts that I don’t care for Jesse Palmer. And it extends beyond him being a Gator (which in any other case would be enough). Frankly, unless I needed help picking a tie entirely too tiny for my torso, I wouldn’t look to Jesse Palmer as an authority on anything. Still, I can’t argue with him here and it’s certainly a nice change of pace to see effusive praise for something Georgia-related coming from an ESPN talking head for once.
That’s it for now, folks. Until next time...