Another week is upon us, and a big one at that as #17 Mississippi State comes to town in a game that apparently isn’t good enough for either Gameday nor SEC Nation. C’est la vie.
Here is what’s happening around the SEC:
- Former number one overall prospect Byron Cowart is leaving the Auburn program. Here’s to Cowart moving on and resurrecting his career elsewhere.
- Auburn has also dismissed QB Sean White after his arrest last weekend. Again, here’s to White turning things around elsewhere.
- In non-Auburn role-reversing, outgoing transfer news, people are making a big deal about Vanderbilt lineman Nifae Lealao’s “Alabama, you’re next” comments. This isn’t and shouldn’t be a thing. Enough, let’s move on.
- The Ole Miss student body will be voting on whether to make the Landshark its new on-field mascot. If the Landshark mascot is actually the Left Shark from the Super Bowl, and he is accompanied by a corn dog throwing Katy Perry, then yes, I am all for this.
- Arkansas will wear an alternate uniform that is a replica of the Dallas Cowboys jersey in a nod to Jerry Jones. They actually don’t look bad at all, and maybe they’ll have a better showing than Jones’ team did in Denver.
- Kentucky is now the Champions of Life. For rules on becoming the Champions of Life, check out this SB Nation article.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!