It’s finally here. The first (real) week of college football is upon us and, before long, each and every Saturday will be filled with trumpeters and Larry Munson clips and “GO DAWGS!” and camping chairs and smoked meats and mysterious appetizers and expensive bourbon and cheap beer and, God willing, victories upon victories for The University of Georgia. As you count the hours and minutes until those glorious moments arrive, these are your Monday Morning Dawg Bites:
- So I saw the headline “How Important is Football to Georgia Now?” and expected to be infuriated at what I read. Instead, I was treated to a reasoned and comprehensive analysis of what has changed and what has stayed the same at Georgia over the last few years. That Seth Emerson is a good one.
- In the first prognostication I’ve seen for some of next weekend’s games, The Dawgbone has a write up I really enjoyed. And man, oh man do I love that final UGA/App St. score.
- Despite what may be the world’s most unfortunate headline (which I am pretty much praying was intentional at this point), Bulldawg Illustrated brings us a look into what should, by all accounts, be the strength of the 2017 Dawgs: the defense.
- Get ready to click! It’s a photo feature! Normally that would irritate the bejeezus out of me, but Jake Rowe of Dawgs 247 is so damn spot on that my anger just melted away. Every year I say 10-2 and SECCG. Let’s see if I’m right for once.
- As usual, The Senator comes out guns blazing... and they are certainly pointed in the right direction.
That’s all for this morning, folks. Keep counting the hours and until next time...