As we start the final week with no football to look forward to on the weekend, let’s go ‘round the league and catch up on what all has gone down.
Here is what you may have missed around the SEC:
- The AP Preseason Poll has been released, and not surprisingly, Alabama is by far the number one team in the nation. Other SEC teams to be represented are #12 Auburn, #13 LSU, #15 Georgia, #17 Florida, and #25 Tennessee
- LSU has announced they have selected a new tiger to become Mike VII. Previously named Harvey, Mike VII will only have the opportunity to terrify three SEC opponents in Baton Rouge this season.
- South Carolina announced their home opener against Kentucky will be a blackout. Because something like this has never not worked…
- Auburn has announced 25 gameday enhancements for the 2017 season, most notably a DJ in the student section and an outdoor club which will have beer sales. I would take a jab at the DJ, but nothing can be worse than Georgia’s gameday music selection.
- Nick Saban sat down with Dan Patrick and confirmed what we already knew: he doesn’t care about the eclipse. What was surprising from that interview is that he does in fact watch Netflix, and his preferred shows are Peaky Blinders and Downton Abbey.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!