We’re one day closer to the start of college football season. One day closer to the Dawgs running into Sanford Stadium for the first time. One day closer to rekindling my simmering love affair with Four Roses Single Barrel.
To top it all off, it’s a Friday! So things are pretty kick-me-in-the-face fantastic all the way around.
That said, any day that is “one day closer to college football” and not “the first day of college football” is still a day in which I feel incomplete. To fill that football shaped hole in our hearts, I offer you these... Your Friday Morning Dawg Bites:
- For those of you that missed it last night, Azeez Ojulari is the newest member of UGA’s 2018 recruiting class. It’s another addition in what is shaping up to be a big week for the Dawgs of the future.
- Just in case you’ve been hiding under a rock as you try to pass the time until the season starts, allow me to share some not so great news. Georgia CB Malkom Parrish has a broken bone in his foot that needed surgery. This throws things in the secondary into unsure territory. My guess is we’ll see Parrish back about the time Georgia enters SEC play, but I’ve been wrong about these things before (in both directions). Best wishes to a DGD.
- If you’re interested in a little Q&A between some fans and a Dawg beat writer, this is for you. As I was reading it, I initially planned on snarkily responding to the questions and responses myself. But it turns out my answers wouldn’t have really been any different. That Seth Emerson is a good one. Which makes me fear for his future at the AJC.
- Don’t you put that evil on us, Marcus Spears!
- If you enjoy a nice, uplifting love story, this one about Georgia TE Jeb Blazevich and Georgia cross-country and track runner Addy Lippitt from the Macon Telegraph is a gem.
- Please, for the love of God, don’t emerge from an alley without a helmet while driving on a suspended license and not knowing your middle name.
That’s it for now folks. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. But while we’re so close, it still feels like we’re so far away. Just focus on that light and keep trudging forward.
Until next time...