If you’re anything like me, you just can’t wait for Monday’s Rose Bowl Game between the Georgia Bulldogs and the Oklahoma Sooners. It’s especially difficult on a day like today. I mean, all the leaves are brown. The sky is grey. Earlier, I went for a walk (despite the fact that it’s a winter’s day). I can’t help but feel that I’d be safe and warm if I was in L.A. In fact, you might even say that I caught myself California Dreamin’... and on such a winter’s day!
Well, that was certainly a forced and unnecessary flight of fancy. Let’s get on with it:
I’m not sure exactly what the thinking was behind the dancing in bathtubs bit, but I’m gonna go ahead and chalk it up to hallucinogens. And for some reason, I kinda dig it.
Now on to your Thursday Morning Dawg Bites:
- To begin, if you’ll indulge me (more than you already have with that terrible nonsense above), I’d like to do a quick plug. Today is the first day of, what I consider to be, “real” Bowl Season. For those of you who have not already availed yourself of my mediocre Excel skills, I’d just like to take a moment to remind you that all of your football watching schedule needs have been addressed here. Enjoy!
- Next up, let’s look in at a brief snippet of how the Dawgs spent their first day of practice in California:
- If you missed it, the always reliable Seth Emerson has an interesting look at the modern history of backup QB’s playing championship football.
- Also from Seth, a glimpse into how Kirby Smart is approaching the potential distractions that can come with a far-off major bowl game and the accompanying circus.
- This just makes me absurdly happy:
- Bulldawg Illustrated brings you updated recruiting profiles for potential future Bulldog TEs.
- The Senator has a quality startup idea for any of you enterprising future entrepeneurs out there.
- The next time some goober on the internet tries to claim Georgia’s recruiting successes this year are evidence of a player payoff conspiracy, just remind them that recruits are tuned in to social media. They see what gets posted and know they have a chance to be here or to spend their Christmas break playing XBOX in Mom’s basement.
- Finally... Kirby Smart obviously learned a great deal about coaching from Nick Saban and clearly clicks into a Saban-esque mode during games and, at times, with the media. But if you had any lingering doubts about Kirby simply being Saban Jr. (and I don’t know how you could), put your fears to rest:
Who wouldn’t want to play for this guy?
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...