Well, yesterday sure turned out to be one heck of a day to be a Georgia Bulldog, huh? College football’s early signing period brought the Dawgs an embarrassment of riches. There is nothing I can say to express how grateful I am to this coaching staff for their immense recruiting prowess (not to mention what they’ve accomplished on the field). Similarly, there is little I can say to the brand new Bulldogs from across this state and nation that have chosen to become part of something truly special in Athens. But I will say this: Welcome Home!
Let’s get this started:
Now on to your Thursday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Well, if making the College Football Playoff didn’t get the attention of the national media, this sure did. Seems that folks are starting to realize that 2017 may not be a fluke after all.
- If you can’t get enough of the gushing (and I can’t), here’s some more.
- I’m no fan of Tom Luginbill, but this is a brief recruit breakdown that makes me all kinds of happy.
- It may seem like a silly thing (and it is), but Kirby Smart gets social media. In today’s landscape, that matters. Just ask Sam Pittman.
- Speaking of which... how the hell do you not want to see your number on one of this guy’s tweets?
- It’s possible that Jeremy Pruitt and Dan Mullen will be wildly successful at Tennessee and Florida, respectively. It’s also possible that Phil Fulmer will be the Athletic Director AND Head Coach at Tennessee in 2021 and that Dan Mullen may find competing for 5-star recruits head to head with Georgia, Florida State, and Miami a bit more difficult than finding a diamond in the rough at Mississippi State. Either way, this year’s recruiting classes (thus far) don’t show any signs of closing the gap on the behemoth Kirby Smart is building in Athens.
- Huh. It’s almost like a representative of one CFB playoff team recognizes that another CFB playoff team is probably there for a reason. Refreshing.
- Finally, it’s time for a little early morning leisure reading.
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...