If it’s the day before the SEC Championship game and your Georgia Bulldogs are seeking revenge against the hated Auburn Tigers (with a playoff berth on the line, no less), you may find yourself a little concerned. In fact, you may even be ruminating on a number of different things that worry you. But rest easy. I’ve been sent to get a message out to you: everything is alright. Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Cé-La.
Now on to your Friday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First up: If you haven’t read this yet, you should. It does an incredible job of encapsulating just what this season has meant to me and, in all likelihood, many of you. It also makes me want to hop in the car right this second and drive the 20 miles to Athens. I live much closer than most, but I still miss it every day. A big thank you to DGD @amandamull for bringing the piece to my attention via her exceptional Twitter feed.
- If you’re interested in what a few members of Georgia’s last SECCG squad think about this year’s Dawgs and their own experiences with the title game, Marc Weiszer has you covered. Really intriguing stuff.
- The Red & Black brings us a look at a handful of younger Dawgs that will look to step into the roles of their Senior counterparts when the latter depart at the end of the season.
- They also have a look at what may be one of the biggest narratives leading up to Saturday’s game: a neutral or better field and how that may impact the Dawgs.
- Bulldawg Illustrated breaks down 5 keys to a Georgia victory. There aren’t any unexpected revelations here, but keeping an eye on these areas should give you a pretty good idea of how the Bulldogs are faring as the game progresses.
- The Senator pulls together some really interesting statistical analyses from the first meeting between Georgia and Auburn that you may not have seen or noticed.
- Finally, a plush Tiger tries to troll the #1 mascot in all the land... and fails spectacularly.
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...