Happy Thanksgiving! It’s Hate Week Part Trois and another edition of Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate. This one means perhaps a bit more to me because I married into a family of inexplicable Tech fans. I have all the respect in the world for the Georgia Institute of Technology. So much so, in fact, that I won’t belittle it by disingenuously pretending it isn’t a great school with intentional misrepresentations of its name or the like. Who would do such a thing? My hat is off to the students and alumni of Georgia Tech and all the hard work they put in. But who the heck would choose to be a Georgia Tech fan when they have no connection to the institution? People who just enjoy being contrary knuckleheads, that’s who (see also: my in-laws). Y’all pray for me. May I keep my opinions to myself and the peace intact. And that’s gonna be hard, because deep down I know that nothing’s gonna stop us now:
Now on to your Thursday Morning Dawg Bites:
- Let’s begin with one of my favorite Dawgs, Jordan Jenkins, throwing some exquisite Harris County shade at Tech QB TaQuon Marshall:
My boy @quonmarshall16 asked for a shoutout. Lol here you go kid. #GoDawgs #WreckTech #NoBowlForTech pic.twitter.com/5sRGwfGbZB— Jordan Jenkins (@jordanOLB) November 22, 2017
- Next up, Dawg Nation has a hard-hitting exposé on Kirby Smart’s favorite Thanksgiving side. Thankfully, he’s selected the only Thanksgiving side worth writing home about: “Mama’s dressing”. Then, the blasphemy begins:
That’s a big win for fans of stuffing, which is the same thing as dressing.
Do they have some kind of “dumb crap” quota at the AJC? Stuffing is not the same thing as dressing. Nobody is selling a box of Stove Top dressing at your local supermarket. Sacrilege!
- Georgia DC Mel Tucker is a semifinalist for the Broyles Award as the nation’s top assistant coach. I just hope we can keep him long enough to establish a little bit of consistency and stability.
- The Red & Black brings us a heartwarming profile of the friendship between Georgia running backs Nick Chubb and Sony Michel.
- The Senator comments on a stat that may help explain why the coaches have placed so much trust in Jake Fromm. Say what you will about Eason’s rocket arm (and it is impressive), but, as an Eason apologist, I can say that his performance “under duress” hasn’t always instilled confidence. If you don’t totally trust your pass protection, it makes sense that Fromm might be the guy you want under center.
- If you’re writing an article about recent history in COFH... and you’re citing numerous historical examples... and you’re making the “history doesn’t matter” argument... shouldn’t you at least mention that Georgia has won every game at Bobby Dodd since some of our players were infants?
- Finally, if there isn’t enough for you to worry about with football, here’s a breakdown of a game you can watch tonight at 10:30 on ESPN News between the Hoop Dawgs and Cal State Fullerton.
That’s it for now folks. Until later...