The thing about football is that it can elicit a wide array of emotions and responses. There are times of excitement. There are moments when you find yourself chewing your fingernails nervously. There are feelings of exuberance and jubilation. And then there are the times you just want to throw on your old flannel and your well-worn Doc Martens, curl up in the corner, and listen to some gloriously mopey Irish alternative rock. This is one of those times.
Now on to your Thursday Morning Dawg Bites:
- First off, I like the way this Jason Butt guy at the Macon Telegraph thinks.
- If 3-4 hours of listening to Gary Danielson wax philosophical about Georgia every Saturday just isn’t enough for you, here’s some more Gary! In related news, I have a large selection of ice picks that I can provide for you to jam through your ear drums.
- Ooh, look! It’s another eight sentence Wednesday practice report from The Red & Black! These folks are doing the Lord’s work. They’re also being richly rewarded with valuable preparation for when they’re hired by ESPN and are only allowed to report on Alabama.
- In case you missed it, “#3 in your programs, #1 in your hearts” Roquan Smith, is a finalist for the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the nation’s top defensive player. I’d say he certainly qualifies.
- Bulldawg Illustrated gives you a few tidbits on the Kentucky Wildcats players you should expect to hear a lot of amazing things about in the prevailing media narrative leading up to Saturday’s game.
- I couldn’t have said it better myself.
- Finally, fellow Dawg Mark Schlabach may have a promise to keep:
If Jon Gruden takes the Tennessee job, I'll sing Rocky Top in the town square of Madison, Georgia on Christmas Eve— Mark Schlabach (@Mark_Schlabach) November 16, 2017
I’ll do him one better. If Jon Gruden takes over for the Vols, I’ll go to downtown Athens, drink an exorbitant amount at Flanagan’s, step outside, and sing Rocky Top at the top of my lungs. It. Ain’t. Happening.
That’s all for now, folks. Until later...