As we prepare for the South Carolina game as well as the first CFP rankings to be released, let’s catch you up on what’s happening around the league.
Here is what’s happening around the SEC:
- In case you hadn’t heard, Florida and Jim McElwain agreed to part ways not 24 hours after the Cocktail Party. Granted his dismissal was due to much more than that game, 42-7 was quite possibly the straw that broke the camel’s back.
- Auburn running back Kamryn Pettway is out for an extended amount of time due to a fractured shoulder. Here’s wishing the Tigers’ stud running back a speedy recovery.
- Alabama safety Deionte Thompson has been indicted on felony assault charges stemming from an incident last spring break.
- In a story only very loosely related to the SEC and also impossible to make up, an Arkansas high school running back has married a girl from the high school he just transferred. Maybe it’s love, or maybe it’s to regain eligibility. Either way, his team is undefeated since the marriage and he has rushed for 100+ yards in every game he’s played in.
- In a Champions of Life update, the Gamecocks of South Carolina retain the SB Nation Belt for another week. They’ll put the belt on the line this weekend Between the Hedges. For rules on the Champions of Life Belt, see here.
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!