The Dawgs took care of business in Nashville, getting revenge on Vanderbilt’s upset in Athens last season. Here is what you may have missed while celebrating on Broadway.
Here is what’s happening around the SEC:
- Florida will be wearing these on Saturday against Texas A&M. Who thought these were a good idea, honestly?
- In cooler Florida news, the crowd at The Swamp sang Tom Petty to honor the late musician.
- Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson became the SEC’s all-time leading scorer this weekend, passing former Georgia kicker Blair Walsh.
- The SEC issued a statement that the refs did indeed bungle the end of game clock situation in the Missouri vs. Kentucky game. It’s great and all, but it still doesn’t help Missouri, who were driving and could have won that game.
- Much has been made about Bret Bielema’s job status at Arkansas. What is concrete is that his buyout is $15 million (!!!!) before December 31st.
- Ole Miss put out an official job posting for the head coaching position. That means, yes, even you can apply to lead the Rebels in 2018.
- If you thought Tennessee’s bye week would prevent Butch Jones from saying some, well, Butch things, you were sorely mistaken. Butch said their bye week was “one of the best bye weeks we’ve had here in a very, very long time”. Also, we have been introduced to the phrase “leadership rep” as well. Ladies and gentlemen your Champions of Life!
Until next time… GO DAWGS!!!